Saturday, February 4, 2012

About this blog

Welcome!

This site is intended to serve as an adjunct to my primary web site dedicated to the Swedish "ringtyp" stamp issue of 1872-91.

Selection of Ringtyp stamps with superb cancels
The blog "format," with dateable and sortable posts, lends itself better to updates and to "inserting" new finds in order, than a "static web site." I am by no means abandoning the original site-- I am merely adding to it, using a more flexible format.

It may be a while before much of anything appears here. Catalogueing varieties and postmarks on such an extensive stamp issue takes time. My database on my computer is already huge, and I intend to upgrade the quality of the photos of all the minor plate varieties I have found, allowing other collectors to cross-reference with their own collections.

Hopefully, some people might pass by this site and decide to take up a new specialty!

In time, I also hope to collaborate with the "Swedish Ring Study Circle" that's part of the Scandinavian Collectors Club, as well as with collectors and clubs around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment